- "Playing with Rich is easy, because the pocket's always right where it should be."
Malcolm Gold, Bassist, (India.Arie, Sheryl Crow) www.facebook/malcolmgold
- "Rich Rocks! End of story...."
Ivan Bodley, Bassist (Rock of Ages) www.funkboy.net
- “What Rich does is just irresistible - clearly there's a real fire burning behind that easygoing exterior. Onstage or in the studio, Rich finds a a way to balance focused musicality with fantastic emotion. Tracks recorded with Rich just come flying out of the speakers.”
Aaron Steinberg, Composer/Producer (Disney, ESPN, AMC, Showtime, WE) www.chemicalmusic.com
- "Rich is my go-to drummer -- any style, any feel delivered with passion and precision."
Skip Brevis, The Stingers Band, SB Creative, Inc.
- "Rich is one of those special people you meet in life that not only plays his ass off but is actually a pleasure to be around when the music is over. We've performed together off and on for close to 20 years and I consider him a real friend and have the utmost respect for him as a drummer."
Wayne Livingston, Guitarist/Lead Vocalist/Engineer Shock Council
- "The first time I worked with Rich was when an artist I produce needed a last minute drummer to fill in at a show. He is now her permanent drummer. Live and in the studio. He is everything a producer needs in a drummer. Easy to work with, incredibly talented, always positive and full of ideas, and most importantly, he's got it in one or two takes. Not to mention an incredible feel..."
Mat Leland, Producer/Engineer/Musical Director www.matleland.com
- "The first time I played with Rich, I felt like someone had scheduled a secret rehearsal with him beforehand. I couldn't believe how spot-on his instincts were, and how quickly he was able to bring my vision to life. Rich is not only an extremely gifted musician, but a talented songwriter as well. That understanding informs him with such a deep rooted respect for the music, that I would consider it foolish to play with anyone else. To say that I am lucky to have found him is a gross understatement. I trust him wholeheartedly, and genuinely regard him as a gift in my life. Oh yeah, and he's fun to hang out with too!"
Sharon Kenny, Singer/Songwriter www.sharon-kenny.com
- "Rich is an expert of the groove, who I've been happy to have worked with many times. There isn't a style that he has not mastered and his ideas always bring the song to another level. I highly recommend him."
Robert L. Smith, Owner of Defy Recordings, Emmy nominated Producer/Engineer www.defyrecordings.com
- "I've worked on my own projects and with other groups with Rich Kulsar drumming for many years and he can play anything with anyone. He's one of those drummers that's good at finding the right vibe and he's always open to making a musical drum part or just groovin along steadily. He plays drums like a producer."
Thomas Hutchings, Musician www.thomashutchings.com
- "Kulsario is one of the best drummers I have ever rocked with! He plays with passion and fire and is just magic to jam with; LOVE HIM FOR LIFE!"
THE LORD BISHOP, Band Leader & Musician, Lord Bishop Rocks! Lord Bishop
- "Rich is the best! His drumming is varied and lovely, intricate and fierce, textured and dead on. He's been the drummer on 3 of my releases and at a few live shows, and will likely be on my next album. He's always super prepared and a supportive, calm presence. He's always got my back and has become like family to me."
Kristi Martel, Singer/Songwriter/Pianist www.kmetal.net
"I've had the great pleasure of working with Rich for years in several projects. He always has a infectious pocket and groove that pulls out the funk in me....the good kind of funk. His vibe and soul transfers from his feet and hands into your body"
Kelsey Warren, pILLOW tHEORY Pillow Theory
- "Rich Kulsar is one of the most talented musicians I know. His passion for music spills out through his drums and onto your songs and changes them forever. It's not often you find someone who is just as into making your vision come to life as you are. In fact sometimes he's even more excited than you are, which makes him toally fun to be around and collaborate with. Totally professional, totally versatile, totally kickin!"
Mike Acerbo, Singer/Songwriter www.mikeacerbo.com
- "Rich locks it down! Playing bass alongside him is to be in that spot we all love."
Christopher Dawson, Bassist
- “Rich is melodic and solid, a rare find!”
David Patterson, Guitarist David M Patterson
- "Rich's playing is greasy, funky, and groovy - he makes it all feel good. And to add, he's a great guy!"
Uncle Carl, Singer/Songwriter
- "RICH KULSAR IS THE CONSUMMATE MUSICIAN. NOT JUST A DRUMMER WHO GROOVES HIS ASS OFF & HAS GREAT TIME, BUT ONE THAT LISTENS & RE-ACTS MUSICIALLY FOR THE SONG AND/OR THE MOMENT. HE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES & I ALWAYS FEEL LUCKY TO PLAY WITH SUCH A TALENTED GUY!! I ALWAYS KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT GIG IF HE'S ON IT. HE'S A BAD MUTHAFUCKER & MAKES SHIT HAPPEN!! AND A REALLY NICE GUY TO BOOT. CALL HIM NOW!!"
TONY TINO, bassist for Gavin DeGraw & freelancer in NYC & beyond
- "I've had the pleasure to work with Rich Kulsar on drums in many situations over the last 20 years. on tour ,live concerts,clubs,recording sessions, he plays all styles and is totally creative, can read anything you put in front of him, and make it groove. On top of that, he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet."
Wayne Avers, Guitarist/ Musical Director & Contractor for Micky Dolenz/The Monkees
- "I miss Rich Kulsar, it's been a long time. I wish our paths crossed more often. Rich played in my band many years ago. He was always prepared and he always had a great attitude. Great player, great guy. What else is there?"
Ann Klein, Guitarist, Singer/Songwriter Ann Klein
- "It's been said the drummer makes the band and the right person at the kit makes everyone around him sound better. That's exactly what Rich does!"
Michael Blake, Saxophonist/Composer www.michaelblake.net
- "I sent Rich Kulsar my music, he learned it, stepped on a stage with my band without ever practicing, and never missed a beat. You can't find a better drummer than that. He can hold a tight groove."
Vicki Blankenship, Singer/Songwriter
- "Rich is bar none the best drummer I've ever worked with. You can't get a better groove pocket anywhere else."
Kyle Turner, Bassist Kyle F Turner
- "Rich Kulsar is the best! We met at the University of Miami in the 80's and he was (and still is) one of my favorite drummers (and musicians) to play with, in any style. Over the years we've done some memorable recordings and performances together. His distinctive feel and sound sets him apart from all the rest. Rich is not only an extraordinary talent but he is also a great person - one of the nicest people I know."
Barry Hartglass, Producer, Composer, Musician www.barryhartglass.com
- "Rich Kulsar is the definition of a great musician because he doesn't just play the drums. He plays creatively, instantly laying down precisely what the song needs. I've worked with Rich in at least three different projects and he is always proficient, professional and pleasurable to work with. To top it off, he listens to every single musician around him and instantly sizes up what is required for each of them, singers and rhythm section alike. Many times he has come out of the studio or off of the stage and told me about something that I had played that he liked that I didn't even realize, much less remember. I would recommend Rich Kulsar for just about anything."
Mark Mancini, Musician
- "Rich Kulsar! The first musician whose talent and kindness inspired me as a newcomer to New York. Just as solid a human being as he is an artist. Heartbeat of a mensch, drumbeat of a madman. Long Live the Sar!"
Noam Weinstein, Songwriter www.enoam.com
"Miles Davis said that the most important instrument in the band, as far as a trumpet player is concerned, is the drums. A trumpet player needs a drummer who can kick him in the ass. One that can build up right with him, support him while pushing him juuuuust a little beyond what he's capable of doing. Rich Kulsar does this for me when I need it, and at other times randomly throws in humorous facial expressions, arm gestures, and drum hits just to make sure the band doesn't get too serious or self-involved."
Satish, freelance trumpet player & general man-about-town www.indofunkcity.com